Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Stupid Questions GOVT 2306 SCH1

The most confusing subject matter we've covered so far is the different types of elections. For example, not every state has the same election. I think it is so hard and nerve-racking to keep up with everything that is going on. Also, a stupid question I have is, what is your favorite holiday? Mine is Christmas because I get to see all of my family!

I would like to know how differently the local government works compared to the state government? Also, how are the responsibilities of each level of government divided in America? Since I come from India, a country that is also run by a democratic government, I would like to know what are the differences in the specific functions of the local government?

How does the Bill of Rights protect individual liberties?

If you were to go to an island alone and only be allowed to take 3 items, what would youtake with you?

I think what is most confusing about what we have covered so far is the difference between fiscal and monetary policy and its impact on the Texas government.

The most confusing concept to grasp has been the distinctions between what is delgated to local government and what is covered under the federal goverment, especially in regards to taxation.

I had no idea we had HOMEWORK OVER THE DARN BREAK, GOSH DARN IT. The dumbest question I might have is how old are you, Professor Jefferies? Do you care what students are doing in your class, like whether they pay attention or not? Do you care at all if they skip your class? Or you only care about grades? 

Stupid Question: Why do you think the Critical Race Theory was banned inside of school and educational systems?

What is confusing me about what we have gone over so far is: What is a Neo-Eurasianism and what does it have to do with Russia's Academy of General Staff? On the discussion board about who represents me, I am still confused about specific comittees and how they have any kind of influence on me

I'm still confused about the local government in Texas; especially concerning the different levels of government like counties, cities, and other forms. I don't really understand the entire process on how the officers are chosen, and what factors decide we need local governing bodies and how much power they have. I'm also unclear on the relevance of local governments for Texas compared to the Federal government.

Maybe this isn't really considered a government question - but I'm confused as to why there are so many government officials determined to put restrictions on LGBTQ+ people and Abortions. Not only that but there is another foreign country on the verge of war (Ukraine vs. Russia). I feel like there are bigger issues at hand.

Personally, the most confusing part about the subject matter we've covered are just the differences between all the specific roles in our government/legislature. There are so many roles so I tend to be unsure of who does what. What is the difference between State Representative and U.S. representative? What are the roles of all each of the chairs of committees? And also, why is gerrymandering legal?

Is the sky really blue?