Tuesday, July 18, 2023

HB 8 - Relating to public higher education, including the public junior college state finance program.

I figure that it would be fair if I also produced an essay on one of the bills signed by the governor recently. I selected one impacting community college finance. The state wants us to switch from attendance to completion. 

Here are a few links I've gathered so far. I'll fill in detail as I go.

You are along for the ride - feel free to copy my process. 

- Texas Legislature Online: HB8

What does the bill analysis tell us about it?

- HRO: Bill Analysis.
- House Higher Education Committee: Bill Analysis.

Who were the authors?

Van Deaver.
- Kuempel.
- Buckley.
- Bonnen.
- Longoria.

Heard in the following committees: 

- House Higher Education.
- Senate Education.

The vote in each chamber was unanimous, except for one nay vote in the House - Slayton.

TACC and CCATT: 88th Texas Legislature Priorities.

Report from Texas Commission on Community College Finance.