Thursday, September 19, 2013

A word on week 4's written assignment

Remember that you are to turn in your paper proposal this week.

I'm still getting questions about what types of topics are acceptable. Remember that you are to draw a topic from your assigned book and dig deeply into it. Develop a critical essay analyzing the topic. Be sure that the topic hits one of the major topics that we cover in class.

I need to repeat a key point: This is not a book report. I don't want to see you paper start of with something like: "insert title" is a book about really great things that happened in Texas."

Find some nuance with the book's content that's worthy of a 1000 word - at least - report. I'll help you fine tune it once you turn it in. I imagine that week 6's report will ask for a revision - then you can start getting the writing out of the way.

I hope this helps.

Remember to write at least 150 words.