Monday, September 2, 2013

Likely topics for Week 3's Written Assignment

I'll post something within a couple days, but for 2305 I'm leaning towards a topic related to conflict over whether the US Constitution authorizes the president to go to "war" with Syria without consulting Congress. That's obviously topical, so we'll try to make sense of the dispute.

For 2306 I'll formulate something on the conflict between the United States and Texas governments over laws related to voting and elections generally, and the Voter ID requirement specifically. I think the conflict is inevitable due to different parts of the Constitution that grant certain powers to the states and others to the national government. This hopefully helps us understand the nature of state - national conflict.

I'll post a few items related to each topic soon and I plan to have a formal assignment up by Wednesday.