Monday, April 6, 2009

Guest Blogger: Michael Bourque

Take it away Michael:

You would think that a president that was once taught about constitutional law would know better than to try and pass laws and policies that are in direct violation of that same constitution.
First just to be clear here’s Obama’s bio from wikipedia, or his bio on the official White House page.

Both of them state that he taught it on college level.
Now, the stuff that’s going on, the first items are the AIG bonuses that everyone went crazy over. I’m not saying that they were right to give the money to AIG without some stipulations. But I was smack disgusted that they would try to extort it back from them by using threats to do something that is so against the Constitution. Please read both. And if you’re anything like me, you’ll want to know just what some of those terms are, and here’s an outside source. Bill of attainder ex post facto law.
Next, we go on to Forced Voluntary Service for our children, or younger siblings, or even some of us. HR 1388, better know as the Jegund Bill, passed in Congress last week, on March 18th. I’m sure you have read the same constitution that I did and I specifically remember the Thirteenth Amendment Section 1, where it said the part that “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude”. It seems that this bill is a gross violation of that, and unless Congress amended the Constitution to get rid of the Thirteenth Amendment that I didn’t hear about, then it can’t be enforced. Also, just so you have an idea on how this and other projects like this will impact the bottom line for us as a country, here's the projected national debt for the next several years.
His people are going against it as well. Giving D.C. a vote in the Congress would violate Article I, Section 2 and Article I, Section 3. Just the fact that we had to have the Twenty-Third amendment could be considered a violation of Article I, Section 8, Clause 17. The seat of government was only supposed to be ten square miles. Why only that small you might ask. I don’t believe that the Founding Fathers expected anyone to stay permanently in D.C. (even Washington didn’t stay there year round) I think they viewed it as a place of work for the government and they would leave there and go back to their homes in the states they were from. But as government became bigger and year round more people stayed to profit from those people who were staying the whole year, each year. It became a permanent residence for some people. It would be like you living in the same building you work in, instead of going home.

Last item on the list, the President wants to have more

Last item on the list, the President wants to have more power for the Executive branch and cut out the judicial part of the law. It’s one thing to go to the courts and state your case for why you need to do something against a citizen as the government as our last President did. It seems that the current President wants to just skip that part.

To me it seems that the only thing he learned from teaching the Constitution is that he can violate it anyway he wants and most citizens are too ill informed to know the difference. Even before this class, I kept a copy of the Constitution in my house. I find it very interesting to think about what the Founding Fathers were thinking about when they wrote out these words. And what they were trying to leave us, the future of their dreams.
To me it seems that the only thing he learned from teaching the Constitution is that he can violate it anyway he wants and most citizens are too ill informed to know the difference. Even before this class, I kept a copy of the Constitution in my house. I find it very interesting to think about what the Founding Fathers were thinking about when they wrote out these words. And what they were trying to leave us, the future of their dreams.

Send along comments, or a post, to my alvin email.