Sunday, October 7, 2012

Week Seven Written Assignment - GOVT 2302 / 2305

I'm about finished with the proposals for the 1000 word essay on the ACA and its seem that there are too many people unsure about what's in the bill. So this week I want you to look through some of the links below and list the items. Don't deal with controversies regarding them, just tell me what;s in the bill. There's lots there - and we will talk through some of it at other times in class - but I just want to make sure that you have an understanding about what the bill does and does not do.

The remainder of the questions I'll ask this semester will also focus on aspects of the bill. I think I've been negligent in not spending more time clarifying this for you.

These should be helpful:

- Wikipedia: Affordable Care and Patient Protection Act.
- White House: Affordable Care Act.
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - U.S. Government ...
- Department of Labor: Affordable Care and Patient Protection Act.
- HealthCare.org.
- HealthCare.org: Fact Sheet.