Sunday, April 21, 2024

Questions from GOVT 2305 - THS01

For class discussion

I'll more as the answers come in: 

1. Are Mayors like city presidents?

2. Party polarization and why it's important

3. How was the Supreme Court able to make SB4 become a law for a couple hours even though the president didn't approve of it

The Economic Policy is a section I am not too confident about . Trying to do the quiz wasnt too difficult because of the difficult, but I couldn't quite grasp what the section was about.

Bureaucracy and its regulations can be confusing.

Language used in legal documents or court rulings.

I would like to hear about the voter shift.

The rules sourding constitutional carry and your rights against a police officer.

Federal Funding

The only amendment to be ratified by state convention was which one?

The president is the commander in chief, but Congress has the power to declare war; this is an example of what?

I understand what each branch does. One question that is from the essay is what is misinformation?

The only thing I really struggled with were the questions over the constitution quiz. It was pretty hard and I had to take it a ton of times to get a understanding of it.

One thing that I'm confused about right now is how elections work, specifically the presidential ones. From my rough understanding, our primary votes go towards the electoral college and who represents us. Then during the actual election our vote is just the popular vote, which does not decide who will actually become president. I'm not sure if this is right, but that is one thing I'd like to learn more about.

I'm struggling to remember the separation of powers, specifically what branch is authorized to do what.

I would like a reminder of the election processes of the judges, senators, and representatives.

I also need a refresher about the Electoral College and the voting process for the president.

The first thing I am confused about is the SB 4 and whether or not Texas can enforce immigration laws. My second thing is what the Federal Government has planned for the year 2025. And my last thing is why does federalism continue to be a source of controversy in the U.S.. Oh and who is the real Ricky??

If I got to learn more about how different factors play into outcome sof bills passing or making it through and why there isnt an age limit but how there is a age minimum for offices and to run. Those are the only two things I might have questions about, but otherwise thats it.

One thing i'm still confused about is elections. I don't understand why a candidate can lose even if the majority of people in the US voted for them. Why is that a thing? If most of the US wants a candidate to be president, why is it that they can still lose? Doesn't that defeat the point of an election? Something else I'm confused about is political parties. Why do we only have two main parties? Why is it so difficult for another one to win, let alone get even close to winning? I don't understand why the candidates have to have a label. Why can't they express their ideas and we go off of that? I also still don't understand what a bureaucracy is.

I am confused about a lot of things in this class, however if there had to be three things that I was

confused about would have to be what different floor chambers function as to the congress or the

United States as a whole. The distribution of power between the different branches, political parties, and

the different levels of government. Finally, how to people contribute to the governing parties either

during elections, supporting a government bill and benefiting society. I feel like I should learn more

about these because it would explain a lot of the functionality of government and if the people will

change votes or how the government runs itself. It could also show how different people an come into

the government and show how they have different ideas for their parties, or could possibly have

something that an benefit society and either bring it down. This is really it though.