Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Now its Monday

Classes are set to start back up Monday. This is a good thing because as of today we still had no power in the classroom and its beginning to stink. Some water seems to have been driven in by the wind. Other than that my office and classroom suffered little damage.

Others classes did, so its important that you be there Monday or Tuesday so we can discuss some changes that will have to be made. It looks like I will have to share my classroom with others, so we will probably treat this class more like a hybrid--part online part lecture--than a regular lecture class. This is probably fine since we are already using online sources, but I need to make sure that everyone has the necessary connectivity to make this work.

We'll cover these changes in class next week. By then I expect to have all of the readings and written assignments up on the wiki.

By the way, I understand that the hurricane has set people back, so I will be very lenient with deadlines. As long as you get me all the assigned work in a reasonable time frame, I will accept it.