Saturday, January 5, 2013

Just Curious: Is there a photograph available for the entire Texas Delegation to the 113th Congress? Democrats and Republicans in one picture?

I haven't found one. There's precedence in having one taken. Here's one of the 80th Texas delegation, which served from 1947-1949, and featured big ole Lyndon Johnson. Click here for the source and description.

medium image

They were all Southern Democrats (most - if not all - would be Republicans today. I'm not sure about LBJ.), so I suppose they could all stand to be in the same room with each other. Are they too politically polarized to take a picture like this now? Maybe one's been taken and I'm simply unaware, but I'd like to propose that one be taken. Might help break the ice between the members - assuming that anyone is interested in ice breaking of course.

How about starting a petition to get a picture of the Texas delegation together, in one room, smiling? Nutty idea?