Sunday, January 13, 2013

Welcome Spring 2013 Students

Tomorrow the spring semester starts up. We will hit the ground running so I'd suggest getting comfortable with the class material as well as the websites I run this class out of.

This, obviously, is the class blog. You'll find written assignments and news items related to the class posted here. We will begin most lecture classes by looking at whatever stories are especially pertinent to that days discussion. With the Texas Legislature back in session and President Obama about to kick off his second term, there's plenty to discuss. Feel free to comment on the material, or send me items you think I should cover. You'll also see a large number of links to helpful sites on the right hand column. Use them as resources if you like. I do. 

This site is the primary place where I post information related to the class, so I'd suggest checking in regularly - you can subscribe to it also if you like.

Click here to go to the class wiki. It's run on wikispace. You'll find the syllabus there, as well as each of the sections we will cover in class. I'd suggest bookmarking both this blog and the syllabus. That should make it easy for you to stay on top of class material.

This class will be run out of Blackboard, click here to get to it. All written assessments (tests) will be found there. Its also where you will input your weekly written work and the final 1000 word report. As of this writing. Blackboard is down, it tends to do that from time to time. That's why I keep my class material in other websites.

That said - its down as of this writing, I've yet to complete all the work to get the class ready there, but you can still access the other material - so there's no reason you can't get moving on the work. This will probably not be last time this happens. When it does, don't sweat it. We will deal with it.

That's it for now - let me know what questions you have and we'll get this things started.