Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Stupid questions GOVT 2306 02

My response for the stupid question is the powers that the lieutenant Governor has and can do such as like a veto and that jazz. The differences between the actual governor a and the LT. I seem to get the speaker of the house confused with the other too. I guess that I mix up statewide versus just Texas Exclusive sometimes. Any thoughts or feedback to help stop that or correct it?

My question is actually very stupid but it's a question in regard the last written assignment. We have 2 weeks to do it correct? And on the 1000 word essay do we cover every single bill?

Government is hard to understand and I don't understand the fact that peoples rights are counteracted by laws and also i don't understand taxes.

What are the responsibilities of a comptroller? How does one become a comptroller?

Is the biennal session of the texas legislature a good policy?

I don't understand the primary, open, closed, halfway open and legendary elections. Why are there so many with so many different names and how can I understand them? Oh, and who chose the name "gubernatorial" and what in the world were they doing when they picked that name AND thought it was a good idea? This is my second government class and I am still confused by the primary gubers...

Do the people in the government still have 7 days in a week??

How long does our draft to you have to be?

To be involved in politics in Texas, do you have to know the Texas Constitution by heart? Or do they just keep going back and forth “googleling” information or questions they might need from the Texas Constitution?

Why will voters does not know how much was spent during the 2014 election until the year in 2015

What are the main reasons for low turnouts in elections; could there be possible solutions for voter turnout to be higher?

Do you think trump will win the next election? Why did they take away the straight ticket voting? I think doing that just makes things a longer process.

I have asked quite a few people and I have researched this extensively and people really do believe that Texas can succeed from America. Despite it not being true, what gives Texans the belief that succession is possible from America and that Texas has the ability to become its own country again. Is there anything in the Texas Constitution, past or present, that would give Texans that idea? Thank you for your time.

The most confusing subject that we have covered for me was the Campaigns and Elections Texas Style Chapter 8. I can not seem to get down the terms and the systems.

Stupid question: Can we have any tests written in class instead of online? My work schedule is a major factor to this.

Why has Trump not been impeached yet? What has confused me the most is what we were discussing in the 2nd written assignment about the constitution and nullification.

How many representatives does each state have?

how many amendments are being passed?

What I most likely confused about is why did the government of Texas create private prisons to further suffer the prisoners and the staff members? Does that sound like it is contradicting how regular prisons are better than private prisons?

Can we get the answers to the tests? (After we finish the exams, so we know what we got right or wrong)

Something confusing about what we've covered so far is how caucasus work.

Most of the content in this class is straight forward, But I suppose I can think of at least 1 question. My question: If the American form of government is a Federalist one, then power is shared by multiple branches and levels of government; Most notably State and national government. The States and the National Government share their power, But the states laws and actions are subservient to the constitution and laws of the national government. In what ways is the national government subservient to the states? I can’t find a practical example of this that aren't anomalies.

In order to pass an amendment does it require legislative votes or civilian votes? That’s what confuses me so much for some reason and I don’t know why, if I'm being perfectly honest.

My only question is over the essay. Are we supposed to give our opinion over the topic? or our we supposed to show both sides? I know it is not in first person and that it is formal.

I'm not really confused about the subject matter we've covered so far, I just need to read the book some more.

Why do we have the US Constitution then the Texas Constitution and where does the Bill of rights and Amendments come in to play within those two? Does the Bill of Rights fall under the Texas Constitution and not the US Constitution? Also, is it always necessary to amend the Constitution?

What exactly is the 1000 word essay supposed to cover? I understand you want it to be about the 86th Texas Legislature, but do you want our opinion along with the fact? Or do we just talk about the research we found about the amendments in the Texas Constitution?

I struggle in containing all the information, not that i don't study, but all this government stuff confuses me at times. What do you think is a better way for me to stay engaged in the topic but also be learning?

The most confusing matter is not using the book more. The quizzes questions are not aligning with what's written in the book. This makes me rely more on what's online (Google). Other than that I think the class is very informative with current events and great illustrations.

What other references that you suggest for the 1000 topic essay? I’m struggling to find a lot of information regarding each amendment.

Why doesn't Houston annex more parts of Texas for it's city anymore?