Thursday, September 10, 2015

Rant of the day

I'll post more - I like this assignment.

My rant is going to be about the excessive amount of cellphone use that my generation has begun to indulge in. I go to concerts, rivers, parties, it doesn't matter. Anywhere I go, I see kids my age on their phones. I could'nt stand to miss something exciting and beautiful because my gaze is stuck on a two by four inch cell phone screen. It bothers me so much that people at volleyball, football, and basketball games are taking pictures for instagram or snapchat. How do you even enjoy the experience of an outing this way? Stuck behind your cell phone. It is obnoxious as a waitress, to be standing at a table waiting to take an order from a 17 year old who is stuck behind a cell phone and ignoring their parents for the entire meal. It makes me wonder what beautiful intellectual conversations people were forced to have before the cell phone was invented. It is like the people around me are zombies, when I talk to them, they just tune out to my words and tune into their cell phones. Seriously kids, disconnect yourselves, so we can reconnect to what matters, the people and experiences around us. "I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."-Albert Einstein