Monday, September 14, 2015

This is all part of my evil plan

If you were irrational, would you know it?

Ahhh! This assignment is driving me bonkers. Irrationality is not my strong point. I pride myself on being a rational thinker, looking at facts, and most, if not all sides of a situation before making a decision on something. Trying to think of something to irrationally rant about for me has been more stressful over this past week than having to do research and make a rational argument for a paper. My actions, that I can control, are usually calculated and deliberate. Maybe this topic is making me irrational, it is definitely putting me under emotional duress and impairing my ability to think of a proper topic to rant about. I looked up types of irrational thoughts to try and decide if there was a topic that I could effectively be irrational about. I cannot think of a single topic that I feel that would fit into one of the categories listed, except one. Irrational people don’t know that they are making irrational arguments because to them, their logic is rational… So maybe I am more irrational than I think.