Thursday, April 5, 2018

"Stupid Questions" from 2306

I'll address these in the coming days, along with the questions from 2305

- I Still don't understand legislative judicial and executive mean ? i always have to look it up or write it down .it doesn't matter how many times you tell me or explain i would always forget. i need something easy to remind which is which?

1.the effect of these previous elections on people higher up

2. i don’t know if this is on topic but the does the districting also change the police or sheriffs in each area and the amount of a fine.. is a ticket possibly more expensive in one area rather than and area and does this have anything to do with who’s in charge of that district.

- How does the House differ from the Senate?

- My stupid question is what kind of investments are the states into? Or what else do they do with all of the moeny they collect from taxes. Do they ever put it into the market or just buy more bonds?

- How can an ordinary person find more information on the people running for statewide government offices and local government offices, such as Judges, governor, senators, Texas House, city major or city council man? Who is really in charge of the government? The information needed for making an educative choose for the candidates running for government offices is limited to the average citizens. So, the thought of popular sovereignty is obscured, the government officials do not protect the interest of the individuals who elected them. They are more interested in making laws to protect businesses and making money in the process.

- In 2305, in the course materials there was a section for each chapter that included a summary of every chapter from our textbooks, why isn't that included in 2306? I have a hard time retaining information from reading the textbook chapters on my own.

- Why do we have to write an essay for his class?

- My question is why does the Texas Legislature only meet every 2 years?

- To be honest, I still don't fully understand how the power is divided in Texas. I would like to increase my comprehension of how much power is vested in the Texas legislature, including the Lieutenant Governor and the Speaker of the House, versus the Executive Branch. What checks and balances are in place? Does the Lieutenant Governor have more power than the Governor or is it just a different set of powers?

- United States has two major political parties and they chose their candidates through primary elections. What are the prior requirements for the candidates to get on to the primary elections ballot?

- I don't understand how the run off part of the election works. I don't understand what it is or how two candidates qualify for one.

- What is the "Tort Reform"?

- I accidentally skipped a written assignment and I was wondering if I can still try to turn it in?

- What exactly is a "developmental course" here at ACC?

- Please better explain the Sunset Advisory Commission. Thank you.

- What is the purpose of the private prisons and how are they constitutionally allowed?

- My stupid question is what is the Public Utility Commission and it's purpose? It may sound crazy but I have never heard of this commission and especially that I am not a politic person. Does it involve water and sewer, and the electricity? From my research, I found out that the Public Utility Commission of Texas was to protect customers, foster competition, and promote high quality infrastructure. It also states that it regulates the states electric, telecommunication, and water sewer utilities. Does this mean that they are in control of our utilities and is the reason the state has to pay high utility bills and they can raise it at any given time. I also saw that it offers customer assistance complaints and has a hot line. What is the reason to call and complain about communication, water and sewer, and electricity. The only use I found for it is the trash. Trash being picked up more than once a week to keep the city clean. Also this commission has control of the way we communicate, if this was the reason then there would be better cell phone towers. This was put in place in 1975. This concludes my stupid question and I do not know if I have the wrong perception of this Pubic Utility Commission.

- Why do presidents term limit in office is 8 years?

- Why is it that the United States chooses to have a president instead of a king, queen, or prime minister? It seems that the majority of other countries that choose to have a King, Queen, or Prime Minister don't have as many political and government issues as we do. So why not change our system and make it better?

- How much are the politicians in higher positions supposed to make by law and if that law is followed?

- the Bureaucratic accountability, this is something I have been easily confused on and don't understand most of it.

- Why is the Texas Constitution so long compared to other states' constitutions, and what other states, if any, have a similar structured constitution as Texas?

- Why do so many people dislike Trump? I'm 24 so i was about 17 or so when Obama was in office, but i just don't remember people always talking so bad about Obama. Is Trump really doing that much harm to America? CNN says one thing while FOX says another. I know they are on opposite sides of the spectrum but the truth has to fall somewhere in between, right?

- Why do we have take this class again? And I say that in the most non-offensive way possible.

- i guess i would just like to know what needs to happen in order for the Texas constitution to be re written.

- But, could you tell me why and for how long has Texas always been such a strong Republican state? I was born and raised in Kansas. We were also a Republican state that depends heavily on government assistance. Is that odd that a state could be dependent on assistance but support a political party that isn’t as giving ?