Sunday, January 12, 2014

Written Assignment #1: Can TIME Predict Your Politics?

Here's the first weekly written assignment, you'll see the place to input it on Blackboard by tomorrow morning.

I want to take advantage of a recent quiz put together by Time Magazine that purports to determine what your ideology happens to be. I want you to take it and report the results. Click here to get it.

More importantly I want you to evaluate the results you get - is it accurate? Why do you believe it labelled you as it did? Do you agree with the results? Sometimes we adopt an identity for ourselves that turns out not to have a basis in fact. Have you discovered something about yourself you did not know?

As with all written assignments, I want you to write at least 150 words. It will be due next Monday, but I accept late work - with a penalty - until the end of the semester.