Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A hint about written assignment #4

I'll have these ready early Thursday, but this is what I'm considering.

For the 5 week GOVT 2305 I'll want a first draft of your 1000 word paper.

For both the 11 week classes (2305 and 2306) I'll likely have something related to the current controversy over the confederate flag - who saw that coming? For 2305 I'll probably ask how the candidates for the 2016 presidential election - especially the Republicans - will deal with this issue. For 2306, I'll likely ask something related to how the symbolism of the issue in Texas - especially in light of the recent Supreme Court decision over the flag on Texas license plates. Recall that last week the Supreme Court decided that if Texas doesn't want it, it can;t be forced to have it.

I hope this helps get going. Future posts will follow.