Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Rant of the day

You know what really grinds my gears? What really boils my britches? What really un-butters my biscuit? Reality TV shows on channels they don’t belong on, like why should I care about some veterinarians office on Animal Planet, who watches Animal Planet for people? And all these gimmicky cooking competitions on the Food Network, sorry Guy Fieri but I couldn’t care less about your dumb grocery show. But by far the worst offender is the History Channel, Pawn Stars? Really? That’s the best you could come up with? Random people bringing in mildly interesting trivia pieces to haggle? And while we’re on the History Channel let’s talk about Ancient Aliens. I mean seriously how could a channel literally dedicated to history have such a hilariously inaccurate show as one of their main series. When did it become popular to over complicate such simple things? It’s so easy for these channels, Food network; show how to make food, History Channel; show history, Animal Planet; literally just show animals, like that’s it, that’s all you need to do. Now I’m not saying there shouldn’t be a variety of shows on these channels, I love shows like Chopped and what not, but when literally all your shows feature some gimmick or some goofy cast of characters, like what are you doing, why try to reinvent the wheel. Anyways that’s all I’m capable of typing without having a mild brain aneurysm. Now I’m off to sit and think about how far humanity has fallen to have Ancient Aliens on cable TV, or any form of broadcast media for that matter.