Friday, September 23, 2016

Rant of the day

I agree completely.

It doesn't take much to cause a traffic jam.

I will be ranting about people who drive slow in the passing lane. I lived in Germany for 2 years, over there it is ingrained into society that the left lane is the passing lane, notoriously known as the "fast lane". Every single person abides by this, it is efficient, and it allows traffic to flow smoothly. Granted, I understand that sometimes traffic cannot be reduced, simply because of traffic accidents or construction. However, what I can not seem to understand is how someone can continue to sit in the left lane, next to another car, and reduce the movement of those drivers behind that person. What blows my mind even more is even in the places where signs are posted saying "left lane for passing only", these drivers are still coasting in that lane. On top of that in Texas it is illegal to sit there in the left lane and impede the flow of traffic. If you free up that left lane, and allow cars to flow, then traffic moves efficiently. I dont know if it is old age, ignorance, or lack of situational awareness, but it really grinds my gears. This is especially applicable when traveling long distances in the car. When I would drive from Kentucky to Texas it would never fail, there would always be a vehicle just coasting in the fast lane. Preventing everyone from freely passing and putting their car on cruise control. We need to be more like Germany as far as the left lane, and also maybe add in an autobahn.